Saturday, January 7, 2012

A year gone by!

"...do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years* and a thousand years like one day." (2 Peter 3:8 NAB)


It's amazing to think that more than a year has gone by since I last wrote in this blog! The entire year of 2011--gone!

I well understand why. Around Thanksgiving 2010, one of our employees resigned and we decided, as a cost-saving move, to try to absorb her duties among existing staff. I totally understood and agreed with the decision, financially, but it resulted in my already busy job becoming, if possible, even busier. 50-hour work weeks became the norm, and I still never felt "caught up." Even during the fall, my usual down time when I could do other projects, I was busy trying to finish major projects from earlier in the year. By the time I finally finished them, it was time to ramp up for the busy season.

When I wasn't at work, it seemed like all my time and energy was spent on catching up at the rest of life: cleaning clothes and other things that needed cleaning, connecting with family and friends, catching up on reading, and sometimes just vegging out. So writing in this blog never made it to the top of the to-do list.

Recently, though, I celebrated my 56th birthday, which has me "thinking deep thoughts." (I'm thinking that was said by Winnie the Pooh, but I can't verify that right now. :-)) The thought occurred to me, in the midst of those thoughts, that it might be worthwhile to make time to do some writing. The facts that I have a bit of time tonight and that I was able to still access this blog (not a given, since my old PC with all my bookmarks and autosaved passwords, died last year) seem to be confirming it. So let's see if I can get a few of those thoughts into some posts that will come out over the next several weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments: