Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Of wounded windshields and souls


There was one thing that I missed initially when I bought my car, a tiny windshield chip. It was on the lower passenger side, and so tiny that I didn't see it until the sun hit it at a certain angle. Because I saw it before I'd even gotten home, they took it back and tried to fix it. It initially was smooth and looked fixed, but within a couple of hours, a tiny little pit had formed where the crack had been. I didn't want to risk waiting, so I brought it into Henderson Glass. The guy there said it looked like the "cap" that you put over the fix to seal it had come off somehow. Once a crack has been filled, he said, you can't re-fill it, so there was nothing more to be done, humanly speaking. So I'm praying that the Lord will prevent the little pit from cracking further.

So that I would understand what was going on, I did some research on the whole process of repairing windshields. (I enjoy researching so much, if the Internet had been around when I first went to college, I probably would have never graduated. :-)) I found what looked like a good series of videos on repairing windshields. I was struck by how many of the steps in the process resemble how the Lord often deals with our wounded souls. I'll try to comment on some of them over the next few days.

No comments: