Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jesus, I trust in You for...

Along with handing the reins over to Jesus, I felt like He brought to mind the Divine Mercy prayer of St. Faustina, "Jesus, I trust in You." When the Holy Spirit helps me realize that my mind is going into a rut of anxiety about the future, hand the reins to Jesus for that person, situation, etc., and say to Him, "Jesus, I trust in You for ..."

Although this is still very new for me, I've found it to be very useful already. When concerns about my schedule try to intrude themselves into my thoughts at Mass: "Jesus, I trust in You for my schedule." When twinges happen and I wonder if its acid reflux or signs of heart trouble: "Jesus, I trust in You for my health." When I start thinking about looking for a new car in the midst of my Sunday when I can't do anything about it: "Jesus, I trust in You for my car."

A few months ago, I sensed the Lord saying to me, "You cannot trust Me too much." With the Lord's help, I hope that these strategies will enable me to apply that truth to specific areas of my life.

Lord, I know that You have a plan for every aspect of my life. Please keep helping me to trust in You for every area of my life. Amen.

No comments: